THE AMERICAN NUMISMATIC ASSOCIATION
FUN WITH MONEY
Donald A. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road • Rosemont, IL 60018
Saturday, August 17 • 10 a.m. - noon.
(Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.)
- Take a closer look at the coins and paper money we use every day
- Earn the Fun with Money Patch developed by the American Numismatic Association in cooperation with Girl Scouts of Colorado
- Girl Scouts and their parents admitted free
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Visit the American Numismatic Association (ANA) website at www.money.org (Requirement #5). Read the requirements for the Fun with Money patch by choosing "Scout Page" in the "Explore the World of Money" drop-down menu. Continue in the same drop-down menu to learn more about the ANA's Edward C. Rochette Money Museum, Dwight N. Manley Numismatic Library and programs for young collectors.
- Draw a design for a new $1 coin on an 81⁄2 x11-inch sheet of
paper and bring it to the workshop (Requirement #1). Keep your
design simple and clear; do not make it cluttered. You must include
the following inscriptions:
- Obverse ("heads" side): Year, LIBERTY, and IN GOD WE TRUST
- Reverse ("tails" side): UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and ONE DOLLAR
AT THE WORKSHOP
Everyone will learn a lot about coins and currency. If you have a collection, please leave it at home so it will not be lost. Girl Scouts will complete the patch requirements during the workshop. Parents and adult leaders are welcome and encouraged to attend. Scouts who earn the patch at the clinic will receive a free six-month membership to the ANA.
We encourage you to allow ample time before or after the workshop for Girl Scouts to explore the collector exhibits, displays of the U.S. Treasury, the ANA Museum Showcase and other interesting areas of the coin show. Check-in begins at 11:30 a.m. The show is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
LEADERS AND PARENTS
Remind Girl Scouts to bring their coin designs and encourage them to wear their uniforms. Provide a copy of this flyer to Girl Scouts planning to attend the workshop.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED …
To register, contact Eugene Freeman at 847-318-0847 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Troop number, Scout name(s) and approximate rank of Scout(s). Registration cutoff is Aug. 7.
This event is not sponsored or hosted by Girl Scouts of America.