Candidate for Governor: Gary Adkins
Gary Adkins, professional numismatist for over 45 years, started as a coin collector at age 9 and became a dealer at age 15. Gary has extensive experience buying, selling and trading numismatic coins and currency with an in-depth knowledge of United States coins and currency developed over many years as an active participant at major conventions and auctions.
Gary has managed his own company for over 40 years, handling hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of the rarest and highest-graded coins and currency, and he has assisted thousands of collectors to assemble their collections.
Gary's business philosophy is based on integrity, trust and respect.
CREDENTIALS: American Numismatic Association life member and frequent consultant and contributor since 1970. Recipient of the Harry J. Forman Dealer of the Year Award in 2010; Presidential Award, 2009.
Member of the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG) since 1985.
Immediate past president; serving on the Board of Directors in several capacities for the past 12 years. 2010 recipient of the "25 Years Dedicated Service" Award.
Chairman of the Industry Council for Tangible Assets; member since its inception; serving on the Board of Directors for the past 10 years.
Member of the International Appraisers Association, specializing in rare coins and currency.
Major contributor to pricing in A Guide Book of United States Coins ("Red Book") by R.S. Yeoman.
EXPERIENCE: Owned and managed his own coin company for over 45 years. Gary also has a diverse business background including real-estate investment, land development, automotive engineering, movie production, bank ownership and numerous entrepreneurial endeavors, which gave him hands-on experience in many areas.
Gary helped create the "The Collectors Bill of Rights" on behalf of PNG and was awarded one of the organization's highest honors for that work.
Gary's primary objective as an ANA governor will be to aid in promoting numismatic educational opportunities and sharing numismatic knowledge among members and clubs, as well as other numismatic organizations and the public. Gary will work hard to increase the ANA's web presence, including implementing educational "webinars."
Read another candidates' statement
- Candidate for President: Walter Ostromecki
- Candidate for Vice President: Jeff Garrett
- Candidate for Governor: Gary Adkins
- Candidate for Governor: Scott Barman
- Candidate for Governor: Steve D'Ippolito
- Candidate for Governor: Mike Ellis
- Candidate for Governor: William D. Hyder
- Candidate for Governor: Richard Jozefiak
- Candidate for Governor: Greg Lyon
- Candidate for Governor: Tom Mulvaney
- Candidate for Governor: Oded Paz
- Candidate for Governor: Ralph Ross
- Candidate for Governor: Scott Rottinghaus
- Candidate for Governor: Laura Sperber
- Candidate for Governor: Jeff Swindling
- Candidate for Governor: Jeff Wuller