Candidate for President: Walter Ostromecki
For the first time in several years, the ANA has a stable management. This puts the incoming Board in a unique position to forego administrative management and instead concentrate its energies in two areas: implementing the Association's long-range vision as laid out in the newly adopted strategic plan; and its core mission of education in various forms.
As president, I can bring to the ANA my 37-year career background in public education and administration. Adding more "educational value" for our membership is priority one, whether it be for youth or families; novice or veteran collector; and dealer and hobbyist alike.
The ANA must find new ways to partner with regional and state hobby organizations to better promote our numismatic hobby and entice others through our various outreach programs to our community, thereby increasing numismatic membership in all levels. We've already embarked on this concept by taking some of our Museum and Library treasures "on the road" to coin shows across the nation.
The ANA must stick to a balanced fiscal budget; undertake an active role in fund-raising and sponsorship campaigns to help underwrite the costs of many of our educational outreach needs; develop new online educational programs for collectors and researchers that bring the people to us; revitalize and better our Club Representative and Membership Recruitment Programs; place more emphasis on consumer protection issues; be more member-transparent when it comes to open Board meetings and feedback; and have a YN to serve the president as an intern on the Board.
I am a prolific numismatic speaker, author, youth and family numismatic educator/advocate, and national hobby and ANA worker. I have been recognized over the past 45 years with dozens of local, state, regional and ANA honors, but none more endearing than the Numismatic News Numismatic Ambassador award in 1985 and the Pacific Northwest Numismatic Association's Nina Nystrom Goodwill Ambassador award in 2011.
I would be honored to serve you, the membership, as the next ANA president! United together, we can pursue a leadership-strengthening role for the ANA in the national numismatic community!
Read another candidates' statement
- Candidate for President: Walter Ostromecki
- Candidate for Vice President: Jeff Garrett
- Candidate for Governor: Gary Adkins
- Candidate for Governor: Scott Barman
- Candidate for Governor: Steve D'Ippolito
- Candidate for Governor: Mike Ellis
- Candidate for Governor: William D. Hyder
- Candidate for Governor: Richard Jozefiak
- Candidate for Governor: Greg Lyon
- Candidate for Governor: Tom Mulvaney
- Candidate for Governor: Oded Paz
- Candidate for Governor: Ralph Ross
- Candidate for Governor: Scott Rottinghaus
- Candidate for Governor: Laura Sperber
- Candidate for Governor: Jeff Swindling
- Candidate for Governor: Jeff Wuller