BOARD OF GOVERNORS SELECTS DENVER FOR 2017 WORLD’S FAIR OF MONEY
BOARD APPROVES SEVERAL OTHER MEASURES DURING MEETING IN COLORADO SPRINGS
The American Numismatic Association Board of Governors passed several motions during a regular board meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 22, including choosing a location for the 2017 World's Fair of Money and approving a new rule that will allow members to enter ANA shows 30 minutes before the public.
Items approved by the Board include:
• The selection of Denver to be the host of the 2017 World's Fair of Money, contingent upon favorable contractual considerations with renting a venue and securing host hotels. Denver hosted the World's Fair of Money in 1996 and 2006, as well as the National Money Show in the spring of 2012.
• Allowing ANA members early entry into the World's Fair of Money and National Money Show. All ANA members will be able to enter the bourse floor 30 minutes before the public at every ANA show, except on the first day. The resolution pertains only to paid members.
• A resolution to officially support the Panama Canal and Pan-Pacific Exhibition Centennial Celebration Act, which would authorize the U.S. Mint to issue commemorative coins in 2017 celebrating the centennial anniversary of the opening of the Panama Canal.
• The official adoption of the museum's collection management policy. This document, which has been used by museum staff for the past nine years, serves as the official policy guide for management of the ANA's collection.
• The adoption of a new 401(k) retirement program for ANA employees, which will replace the defined benefit plan previously offered to employees.
• A resolution to work with the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association to jointly promote the 2014 World's Fair of Money and the 2014 Toronto RCNA Convention.
• Appointed Terry Carver as an assistant treasurer. The Oct. 22 meeting was held at the Edward C. Rochette Money Museum in Colorado Springs, Colo., which also serves as the ANA's National Headquarters. A replay of the live broadcast of the board meeting can be viewed at Money.org and on the ANA's YouTube channel.
Originally Release Date: October 30, 2013
ANA Contacts: Phone: 719-482-9872