Login

1979 proof cent

this makes me feel like such an unintelligible numismatist, but I have a question. when I was at a coin show, I saw a cent that said: "1979S type 2" can you all please tell me what this means?

1 year ago

The 1979 proof set made in San Francisco some S mint marks looked like blocks.Then some looked good. So you have type one and type.two . I had a hard time finding the coins  so I called Rick Tomaska The author and has his own coin show. I don't buy I listen. Well he clamed.he would put a set together so I asked if he would he said yes it took four months but he got them. At the price very reasonable .

1 year ago

thanks mike

1 year ago

No problem he could only find the coins in PF 69. In this case Pf 70 would of been better. Now my memory fades but I believe the same thing happened in 1980 also. That set is worth more . 

1 year ago

Since your question has already been answered I'll simply add that there are no "unintelligent" questions. Ask away and enjoy!

1 year ago

I know there is no dumb Question simply because I asked them all!!

1 year ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.