Login

1991 Cent

I found a 1991 cent that is missing the last 1. It looks like there is a very faint 1 appearing, Is this an actual error? I am including a photo of the coin as well as one of another 1991.

1 year ago

@user_67663
I found a 1991 cent that is missing the last 1. It looks like there is a very faint 1 appearing, Is this an actual error? I am including a photo of the coin as well as one of another 1991. 

1 year ago

Looks like a legitimate error. Might have been a blob of grease or dirt that obliterated the last "1". Looks cool and probably even worth slabbing.  

1 year ago

Thanks! There is a master grader nearby...I will ask him to double check it and then I will probably get it slabbed.

1 year ago

That is a very nice filled die. I would keep it in my collection.  Unfortunately, filled die errors are rather common and do not generally carry much/any premium unless the fill is dramatic.  A TPG would certainly slab and attribute your coin for you, as that is their business. And they certainly won't turn down a profit.  However, your coin really does not merit the grading/attribution fees and shipping/insurance two ways that it would cost you.

1 year ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.