Login

2019-S Enhanced Reverse Silver Eagle Mint Error Coin

1 year ago

Hello. Unfortunately, it looks like damage, but hard to tell for sure based on these pics alone - would also help to have a photo of the entire coin, for perspective. If it is damage, then that is a shame - proof coins are supposed to be the pinnacle of the Mint's handiwork; doesn't speak too well for them when you see something like this on such a "prestigious" coin. I wouldn't risk sending it back for a replacement though, and although it's definitely not a "70", it is still a very popular coin, with strong demand. I'm sure someone out there would want it for their collection, though you might not get the big money they're going for lately. Personally, I'd try to get rid of (dump?) it asap, while the demand is very high and the coin is in the forefront of a lot of people's minds. Still a great coin, but sad to see that something like that make it past the Mint's QC measures. -Sam Gelberd, ANA Numismatic Educator.

1 year ago

If I take a quick look it looks like a variety. The picture does not tell the whole story. I enlarged it and to me it does not look like a variety. It looks like damage caused by the press. Proof coins like this are kept separate from the other coins. I have not seen or heard of any variety concerning this coin. If there were you would be sitting nice.but these things happen more than we know. You can find this on a few coins. It depends on how the planchet is out in ready to be struck. The pressure is enormous. This causes what you see in the picture. Congratulations on getting one. Consider your self very lucky. Think of the thousands shut out. Keep the luck coming. Mike

1 year ago

How about a photo of the entire coin. What a shame..

1 year ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.