Login

1966 Kennedy half dollar with mint flaw by ear

I am looking for a resource to tell me the value of this coin.  It is in fair condition.  I have read in several articles that mint flaws can make this coin very valuable.  How do I get it evaluated?

2 years ago

Unless you wish to do your own research, I would bring it to the closest ANA dealer (once the coronavirus shutdowns and restrictions are over that is)

2 years ago

A picture would be very helpful, you can look online for known 1966 Kennedy mint errors.   You can also bring it to the attention of members of your local coin club or local coin/bullion dealer. 

Here's one minor DDO on a 66
https://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices/item/1966-50c-sms-doubled-die-obverse/411640/-6982165587480329474

2 years ago

Hello. Please include some photos; it's difficult to assist without images, as there could be one of a hundred issues going on; could be an error, a die variety or PMD (post Mint damage.) We love to help others figure out things like this about their coins, but please help us, in order best help you. -Sam Gelberd, ANA Numismatic Educator

2 years ago

If you give me the coin and the year i will look it up in the cherrypickers book which Sam is one of the editors. Also tell me whats wrong with it no guanentees. Its hard with a picture i will give it a shot with out. You should take it ti a deaker.

2 years ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.