Login

1967 Roosevelt dime

I just found one in good shape. Not FULL TORCH, but pretty close. I was surprised to see an MS68 NGC on Ebay for $2399.00 ! While I am sure that my find was not of that quality ...They seemed to range from a few bucks, up to very big prices. Does anyone know the story on this dime ? Is it even worth sending in to be graded ?

4 years ago

there were over 2 billion minted so unless you know it will acquire a grade of ms68+ i would discourage sending it in. but maybe a picture would be easier to judge. there are very few dimes certified as ms67 and ms68 making them more valuable but you could bring it into a dealer to get his opinion

4 years ago

You need a red book. Look the dime up by date and mint mark. Then go over to the grade. The book you will need to learn about American coins. We all have one.some of us have the deluxe model. Has everything you need. The price depends on lot of things the rarity,full bands,the grade and if it's a special dime. The book will tell you. So I would invest some of my budget in the book it will help a lot. It's bout thirty dollars. Enjoy. Mike.

4 years ago

that year there were also special mint set (SMS) dimes that are all in great condition which are very different then the regular MS dimes

4 years ago

Maybe send it on a bulk submission.

4 years ago

I recommend on going on pcgs photograde Here and trying to match the grade to the picture. 

4 years ago

The 1945 P dime with full bands there are so few of them I have seen prices in coin world articles for almost twenty thousand dollars. You must be very careful in grading coins yourself or by others. The only grade I accept is the one given by a third party grading company. In other words I buy graded coins. Sometime I buy raw but they must meat my standards and I must know the seller very well. I have been grading coins for many ,many years. Only after I study it carefully and use my tools will i  consider sending it in. Then I look again. Then and only then will I send it in. Not only that but what will the value be. That has to be considered also. Lots of luck.mike

4 years ago
We use cookies to provide users the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you agree to receive all cookies on money.org. You may disable cookies at any time using your internet browser configuration. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use. To learn more about how we use cookies and to review our privacy policy, click here.